Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thought Vomit Thursday


I don’t have a whole lot going on right now so ehh, why not?
  • The verdict is in…I like therapy!  I went last Thursday and left feeling like a weight had been lifted and my feelings were validated.  I loved it!
  • I have my third therapy appointment today and I am STILL nervous even though I really liked it last week.
  • Tonight is game night at my parent’s house.  I am not a super huge fan of games, but Mr. Mags thought game night every other week with my parents would be swell, and I think he’s swell, so I went along with it.  My new favorite (like there was an old favorite) game is Far.kle.  I’ve got mad Far.kle skillz.  That’s right, I threw the “z” out there.
  •  I started Nutri.System on Monday.  I have never done a diet like this with prepared meals before.  Ever.  Something about eating “shelf stable” food just didn’t sound appealing or healthy for that matter.  I have had pretty good results sticking to the South.Beach.Diet but lately that hasn’t been working for me and I had to do something to get some weight off!  So far, so good.  But like I said, I just started Monday so I’m in the honeymoon phase of, “OMG this diet is great I have so much energy and am so motivated!!”  Also, the food is good!  Not like, 5 star Michelin rated restaurant good, but “OMG this pasta tastes like Chef.Boyardee ravioli and I feel like I am eating junk food!” kind of good.  I’m not used to that.  Again-South.Beach girl here.  So far I’ve lost 4 pounds since Monday <insert applause here>….buuuut I’m thinking that could have something to do with my pre-diet dinner on Sunday night…an In.N.Out cheese burger and Mc.Donalds French fries.  Yes, Mr. Mags went to two places to get our dinner that night.  Fries are such a treat in our house that they apparently had to be the best so they had to be Mc.Donalds.
  •  I’m going to see my friend L and her two boys this weekend.  We plan on mani/pedi’s and lunch out…although I’m not sure how I’m going to swing lunch out with my new fancy shelf stable diet.  Thoughts?
  •  I am not doing any fertility treatments right now but am still taking 17 pills a day.  Yea, you read that correctly.  12 vitamins a day (those fancy schmancy prenatal/PCOS vitamins, 6 of which taste like raw rotten shrimp), 1 sy.nthroid, 2 met.formin, and 1 pro-biotic and amino acid because I have the digestive system of an 80 year old.
  •  I’m super annoyed that I piled the green onions on my lunch salad and ran out of gum on the same day, nor have I replaced my work toothbrush.  Eww.  
 I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mags - glad to hear you like your therapy. My father in law did nutrisystems, and I donated probably $1000 of the food that he didn't eat to our local Soup Kitchen. The food did not look good, but maybe you selected better stuff than he ordered. I hope it works for you, but if you get tired of it and you have an iPhone, look into the weight loss app called Lose It! ; you track your calories and physical activity. If you eat about the same foods day in and day out, it is a great way to keep up with caloric intake. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to research Farkle I guess? I've never played that. I'm pretty into games, though. We're currently obsessed with a card game called Killer Bunnies - which if you check that, you might think of me completely differently!

    I can't believe how many pills you take! I thought my 4 were crazy. My prenatal ones smell like fish/shrimp too :( So gross.

    Thanks for the super nice comments on my post - you are good to me Mags :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love FARKLE! Although, before Facebook, I knew it as 10,000 and my family has been playing it since I was 3 (or maybe even before that..)

    I still have yet to call the therapist...I know I should, but like you, I'm nervous about it. *sigh*

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. TurtleMama-thanks for the recommendation for the app! I will check it out. I'm afraid I spoke too soon about the food...last nights dinner was awful. AWFUL!! I'm hoping today is better.

    Mag-Killer Bunnies looks complicated! I think I would have to play it to get it :) Farkle is easy and takes no skill-my kind of game! And thank you for your posts! I think IRL we'd totally be friends. (plus we sort of have the same name/acronym so that makes us "cool".)

    Heather-funny you mentioned 10,000 because my husband has been talking about that game FOREVER. He used to play it with all of his buddies but couldn't remember all of the rules. Then we played Farkle and he was surprised to learn it was basically the same game! I was nervous to call a therapist too, but seriously, do it! It has really helped me and I have only gone 3 times. Do it, do it, DO IT!! I know you can. :)

    Hugs all!

    Oh, and I TOTALLY lost at Farkle. *sigh* better luck next time I guess.

    ReplyDelete