Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thursday again!?


Holy smokes, it’s been 2 weeks!  Just goes to show you how busy I’ve been…oooorr that I haven’t had anything exciting to say to warrant a post. 
  • It’s been 2 ½ weeks since I started Nutri.system.  I spoke WAY too soon, the food is NOT good.  A couple of deserts are good, most of it is fine, and some of it is downright get-your-behind-to-the-bathroom-this*crap*-is-not-staying-in-your-stomach awful.  Needless to say I will not be getting the chicken and dumplings EVER AGAIN. But, I’ve lost 11 pounds!  Yippee!
Please excuse the grainy yellowness!  Our walls are actually a soothing light khaki cream color and the tile actually matches quite nicely...so really this photo is not accurate at all and I didn't need to show you. Oh well.
  • Mr. Mags and I finally had tile installed in our family room.  We’ve been living on subfloor for a (long) while now and it’s so nice to have a real floor again!  Now we just need to install baseboard, seal the tile and get a ginourmous area rug to make the room cozier.  Then we can move all of the furniture that is covering the rest of our house back where it belongs.  P-cat loves the empty room.  We’ve found several kitty toys in there already. 
  • I have therapy again tonight.  I think it’s going well.  The majority of my sessions so far have been about my sister.  Odd.  I didn’t think she took up that much space in my life, but apparently she does!  I am the younger sister, but frequently act as the older sister.  I often feel guilty for having a husband and trying to build the family I so desperately want because my sister is single and wants a husband more than anything.  This guilt is often brought on by my sister with comments such as, “well, at least you have a husband”, but sometimes is of my own volition.  I’m working on this.  (She has only said this a handful of times, but it has really stuck with me.  Sometimes she say’s she’s joking after…but really?)
  • As I mentioned in my last post, I went to lunch with L a couple of weekends ago and had a great time.  She also offered to be my surrogate again.  She had some complications with her last baby, so I thought she would want to, understandably, renege on her offer from long ago.  Apparently not!  I had mentioned how my friend D offered and she got all huffy and said something along the lines of, “Oh, well, ya know, that’s great…not that I have to be the one to do it, but I WANT TO BE THE ONE TO DO IT!” It was hysterical and so heartwarming to know I have friends who would want to “semi-battle” over potentially being a surrogate to Mr. Mags and my baby. 
  • My Dad turned 62 yesterday so to celebrate, Mr. Mags and I are having my parents over for dinner on Saturday.  The menu: Russian.  My dad is half Russian and we always have a traditional Russian Christmas dinner on Easter.  Yea, I don’t get it either.  But it’s full of love, memories and sour cream-delicious!  Anyway, I thought it would be fun to make some of his childhood favorites and some new ones as well.

Thanks for reading!!

2 comments:

  1. Might I suggest a paleo diet as an alternative to Nutri System and I highly recommend this site for some excellent easy recipes www.elanaspantry.com. It works wonders for us PCOSers and not as hard as one might assume. And SO tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like things are going well. So fantastic that you have 2 friends that want to be a surrogate for you and Mr. Mags. Hopefully you want need their services, but it must feel good to know that they care this much for you. Congrats on the weight loss - I know it is very difficult to lose it and keep it off. Don't you wish you had a personal chef like Oprah?

    ReplyDelete