Wednesday, September 28, 2011

31

Today is my 31st birthday.  Yippee.  *eh-huummm* I mean, yippeeeeeeee!!!  Birthdays have always been a huge cause for celebration in my family, but this year, I’m just not feeling it.  However, instead of dwelling on the fact that my eggs are another year older and I still don’t have a baby in my arms, I’m going to make a list of 31 people or things that I am thankful for and blessed to have in my life.  In no particular order they are:

1.  Mr. Mags – He makes me laugh and does the cutest things that warm my heart.
2.  B Dog – Seriously, look at that face!  LOOK AT THAT FACE!!  He is always SO happy to see me. 

3.  Z Cat – I call her my little cuddle bunny.  She loves to sleep.  She is always so happy to be curled up on me. 

4.  P Cat – Suuure, he looks all cute and cuddly here, but he is cah-razy.

5.  G Cat – Such a sweet old guy.  We got him when he was 12 (3 years ago).  He is just so happy to have a comfy, not to mention heated thanks to Mr. Mags, bed to sleep on.  (Sadly I don’t have a picture of him with me.)
6.  Champagne – Bubbles make everything better. 

7.  My BFF K – We have been friends since we were 3 years old.  She tells me like it is and vise versa. Plus, she likes bubbles even more than me!  She totes gets her own post soon.
8.  Cheese – Really?  I need a reason?


9.  Mom & Dad – They are super cute and always there for me.  They make an amazing role model for Mr. Mags and me.  High school sweethearts and still in love!  Plus, they made me, duh!
10.  My Father-in-Law – I don’t see him too often, but it’s awesome that he treats me like his own child and I know he loves me.
11.  My Baking – It keeps me busy.  Here is my latest project.  Cupcakes for a first birthday, as pink as I could get them! 

12.  My Sissy – She is part me. We are part each other. 
13.  Coffee – It is responsible for waking two of my senses, which is really important.
14.  Acupuncture – The most expensive best nap ever!
15.  My Friend L – She always listens to me.  I mean really listens.
16.  My Friend A – She is my IF mentor and funny as hell.
17.  Hawaii – It’s one of my favorite places to go.  Mr. Mags and I got engaged there.  I’ve been numerous times and it never get’s old.  

18.  My Hair – Sure, it sounds a bit vein, but it’s a feature I am proud of. 
19.  My Job – I don’t love it.  Hell, I don’t even like it, but it’s a job and I have been without before and that, well, sucks.  Plus my boss has been more than understanding and flexible about all of the Dr.’s appointments and time off needed for IF stuff.
20.  Old Musicals – They take me back to my childhood and I love to sing along!  Other people watching love that I sing along too, swear!
21.  Italy – Mr. Mags and I went there for our honeymoon.  Amore.

22.  Email/Texting – How else would I stay in touch with people?
23.  Nature – It’s always different and changing and so darned pretty.
24.  My DVR – Mr. Mags doesn’t have to watch the latest Lifetime movie and I don’t have to watch The Ultimate Fighter.  Win-win.
25.  Elliptical Machines – I’m not a huge fan, but I know it’s good for me.
26.  A Roof Over My Head – Always a plus to have one of those.
27.  Science – Because of all of those smart scientist people we have IVF!
28.  My Bed – Just about the only time I’m able to shut my mind off.
29.  Pictures – It’s nice to have a visual to accompany those memories.
30.  Prayer/Meditation – Haven’t done much of that lately, but I am hopping to reacquaint myself with it soon.
31.  IF Blog World – Much needed support.

Well, that wasn’t as tough as I thought it would be.  In fact, I think I could go on!  After reading over my list, I see I do have a lot to be thankful for.  If you were kind enough to read this far, thank you.  It means a lot to me that people take interest in what I have to say and look --> I have a few followers!  Awesome.  *happy dance* You guys rock.

Alright, time for me to go blow out some candles and have a cocktail!  Oh, wait, it’s only 3:00 P.M..  Damn.  A few more hours and then I will be headed to Mom and Dads with Mr. Mags (and B Dog of course) for a dinner sure to include cheese and bubbles.  Not too shabby.  Happy birthday to me!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Wishing you the best year ever that is filled with much happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! What a great list of things to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete